At Thornhill Security, we supply a wide range of anti-ligature locks and handles designed for use in specialist environments such as mental health facilities and custodial environments.
Anti-ligature handles are designed to be robust and easy to use, whilst preventing building occupants from harming themselves by preventing a ligature (something used to tie or bind) from staying in place securely.
Anti-ligature locking systems give building occupants security and privacy, but also prevent them from barricading themselves in; with various built in override mechanisms to ensure that staff can always get in should they need to.
We can help design, install, and maintain anti-ligature equipment, providing protection and peace of mind for staff and other building users.
Benefits of Anti-Ligature Locks & Door Handles
- Easy to use for staff and building occupants, particularly those with grip issues
- Anti-ligature design prevents the chance of any self-harm
- Can be retrofitted – keeping maintenance costs down
- Anti-corrosive and easy to clean
- Products tested in line with TS001
- Gives building occupants independence
- Fitted with anti-tamper fixings
- Range of products to suit all environments
- Up to 5 override systems to ensure that staff can always gain access should they need to
Within our range, we have products designed for both high and low-risk environments, enabling the right balance between ease of use and safety.
More Help & Information
At Thornhill Security, we understand the challenges faced when designing safe and secure locking systems that protect both staff and building occupants in high pressure, sensitive environments such as mental health facilities.
We have experience working in several similar environments in Bristol and across the South West, combining our product expertise and installation capabilities to create a secure system without compromising on safety.